It is currently January 26th, 2020, 1:49 pm Advanced search

Do You Listen LIVE or Download the PODCAST?

Audible words by guys who speak on the Internet.

Do you listen to Best In Show LIVE or Download the PODCAST?

I Listen Live on MONDAYS ONLY
10%
I Listen Live on THURSDAYS ONLY
10%
I Listen Live both MONDAYS & THURSDAYS
33%
I Download The Podcast
48%
I Do Not Listen To BEST IN SHOW RADIO
No votes

Total votes : 21

Re: Do You Listen LIVE or Download the PODCAST?

Postby Vito Delsante » January 20th, 2009, 3:37 pm

BestInShowChris wrote:
Vito Delsante wrote:I'd like to see how many dl on iTunes because it never seems to update fast enough. I'm always a week or two behind.

Ever since you and Nuggetman pointed this out a little over a month ago I've been pretty diligent about making sure this is working properly. I downloaded iTunes specifically to test that it was updating the way it should. It has been since mid-December as far as I can tell. Are you still seeing the lag?

btw, last night's ep just downloaded from iTunes. Definite improvement over the past few weeks
Vito Delsante

Postby RobGigs » January 20th, 2009, 3:41 pm

Vito Delsante wrote:
BestInShowChris wrote:
Vito Delsante wrote:I'd like to see how many dl on iTunes because it never seems to update fast enough. I'm always a week or two behind.

Ever since you and Nuggetman pointed this out a little over a month ago I've been pretty diligent about making sure this is working properly. I downloaded iTunes specifically to test that it was updating the way it should. It has been since mid-December as far as I can tell. Are you still seeing the lag?

btw, last night's ep just downloaded from iTunes. Definite improvement over the past few weeks

Vito, Let me know how the VOLUME of last nights show was.. That should also be louder, I know in the past its been kinda low.
RobGigs

Postby BestInShowChris » January 20th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Vito Delsante wrote:Definite improvement over the past few weeks

It's so weird how it's so inconsistent. I update and upload the rss feed when I get home from doing the show. Not sure why that'll get a fast turnaround some nights, but take an extra day on others.
BestInShowChris

Postby SoftScience » January 27th, 2009, 8:59 am

Howdy all:

Just got turned on to the show recently, and now I'm hooked. Brain is a good friend of mine and I've known about the show for a while, but only recently started tuning in. (don't take it personal: I have never ever liked any talk radio, so you guys have earned an exception)

To answer the question, I try to catch it live if possible, and if I can't tune in then I listen to the recorded. It all depends on my schedule. I am also going through the backlog of past shows now.

But I noticed that the stream that I use (http://s4.viastreaming.net/7160/listen.asx) seems to be really lagged from the hear us talk chat room, and not knowing I end up posting a reply in chat to something you said like 5 minutes ago. What is the least laggy way of listening?

Cheers!
SoftScience

Postby DJNewStyle » January 27th, 2009, 11:42 am

SoftScience wrote:Howdy all:

Just got turned on to the show recently, and now I'm hooked. Brain is a good friend of mine and I've known about the show for a while, but only recently started tuning in. (don't take it personal: I have never ever liked any talk radio, so you guys have earned an exception)

To answer the question, I try to catch it live if possible, and if I can't tune in then I listen to the recorded. It all depends on my schedule. I am also going through the backlog of past shows now.

But I noticed that the stream that I use (http://s4.viastreaming.net/7160/listen.asx) seems to be really lagged from the hear us talk chat room, and not knowing I end up posting a reply in chat to something you said like 5 minutes ago. What is the least laggy way of listening?

Cheers!

The least lagged way is the HearUsTalk room - when we're live go to HearUsTalk.com and the audio/video will automatically start.
DJNewStyle

Postby SoftScience » January 27th, 2009, 5:38 pm

Ok, I'll try that out- thanks
SoftScience

Postby paruss » May 31st, 2009, 11:02 am

Would love to listen live but as im in Ireland the time zones dont really work for me!
paruss

Postby RobGigs » May 31st, 2009, 12:13 pm

paruss wrote:Would love to listen live but as im in Ireland the time zones dont really work for me!

How long have you been listening Paruss??

Thanks for posting.....

Anyone else checking out BIS from a "far" location out there? We would love the feedback....
RobGigs

Postby paruss » May 31st, 2009, 8:37 pm

Well id say about 6 months maybe, started listening to DJNewstyle about a year ago and got into best in show then, have listened to every single show since, bloody hooked so I am! :) What ye guys do is great, love every show!
paruss

Previous

Return to Best In Show