It is currently August 6th, 2020, 2:44 pm Advanced search

Episode: 40

Life, marriage, and the desire to end both.

Episode: 40

Postby DJNewStyle » July 13th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Holy shit - The Jimi Hendrix intro is REALLY difficult to get past.
DJNewStyle

Re: Episode: 40

Postby DJNewStyle » July 13th, 2009, 1:33 pm

I liked the Rick Shapiro call - he seems like a guy who doesn't care to mask the obvious disgust he has for his current situation and I bet that's a big contributor to his comedy. I'd see him.
DJNewStyle

Postby vealchop » July 13th, 2009, 3:35 pm

I think it has to be fucking cell phones that make people step over each other when conversing, even during personal calls this seems to happen to me all the fucking time.
vealchop

Postby DJNewStyle » July 13th, 2009, 8:51 pm

vealchop wrote:I think it has to be fucking cell phones that make people step over each other when conversing, even during personal calls this seems to happen to me all the fucking time.

Definitely. Cellphones and IM - they all lead to people's rapid fire nature.
DJNewStyle

Postby vealchop » July 14th, 2009, 10:57 am

WOW this got fucking BRUTAL in the end (actual crying). loved it.
vealchop

Postby DJNewStyle » July 14th, 2009, 11:04 am

vealchop wrote:WOW this got fucking BRUTAL in the end (actual crying). loved it.

It was a pretty impressive moment.
DJNewStyle

Postby vealchop » July 14th, 2009, 11:07 am

you think a lot of the static between Carlos and Alckie come from the natural son/stepdad relationship?

I fucking HATED my stepdad and took steps to make his life a living fucking hell, he in turn beat the shit out of me on a regular basis. I know there are a few cases here and there of a stepdad getting along with his kid, but I just think when theres a new male figure in the house, especially one in which the kid knows you're banging his mom and laying down the laws of the house, theres always going to be problems.
vealchop

Postby DJNewStyle » July 14th, 2009, 11:15 am

vealchop wrote:you think a lot of the static between Carlos and Alckie come from the natural son/stepdad relationship?

I fucking HATED my stepdad and took steps to make his life a living fucking hell, he in turn beat the shit out of me on a regular basis. I know there are a few cases here and there of a stepdad getting along with his kid, but I just think when theres a new male figure in the house, especially one in which the kid knows you're banging his mom and laying down the laws of the house, theres always going to be problems.

Carlos is 14 - that's a fucked up age. Kids that were angels turn into pure evil and the rebellion against authority hangs in there for like 3-5 more years. Couple that with having a stepdad (which I'm not familiar with, but can understand) and you have a difficult time on your hands. I think they said something about Carlos's Dad being self-centered, so I take it he doesn't spend time with him, which could also be a significant contributing factor. Also, he's the oldest child - that has to have something to do with it.
DJNewStyle

Postby vealchop » July 14th, 2009, 11:18 am

you're exactly right about that age. 14-17 I pretty much wished a constant death on my family, it was when i started college and they moved away that I realized what I cunt I had been for the past 4 years.
vealchop

Return to The What Show