It is currently July 7th, 2020, 3:15 pm Advanced search

The Awful Hour: Episode 23

News. Talk. Mutual Hatred.

Re: The Awful Hour: Episode 23

Postby Manayz » February 3rd, 2011, 10:37 pm

vealchop wrote:i dunno. all that stuff, in the words of Louis CK, feel like "data entry". and its the last thing i wanna do after spending all day in/at a career/job i hate.

Depends on to what extent you use it, you could use it in the same way that you use twitter.

I mainly use my Facebook to get updates from the various things that I'm following up there.
Manayz

Postby Manayz » February 4th, 2011, 1:41 am

Btw, so Tony doesn't feel alone, I failed my written/computer driving test twice before I passed it.

I'm not sure if it's the same in every state, but in Virginia, we have two portions to the computer test, the first half is 10 questions (second half is something like 25, and you can miss 4) and you can't miss one or you fail the entire test - the computer will lock you out. There are a few trick questions and I got caught those two times.
Manayz

Postby dan » February 10th, 2011, 2:10 am

enjoying the show even more than before. glad to hear chris is in the mix and hoping for frequent shows going forward. only complaint, what is the issue with posting the show to itunes or to the podcast feed the same time it's posted on the site?

speaking for those of us who are in our cars for several hours a day, it would be a gift to to be able to click and listen on a shitty commute home when i see the twitter post about a new episode. much better than waiting, going to the site, dl'ing a zip file, transferring it to my device.

we love the show, so of course we will do it, but, i'm just sayin'.

dan

Postby DJNewStyle » February 10th, 2011, 9:27 am

dan wrote:enjoying the show even more than before. glad to hear chris is in the mix and hoping for frequent shows going forward. only complaint, what is the issue with posting the show to itunes or to the podcast feed the same time it's posted on the site?

speaking for those of us who are in our cars for several hours a day, it would be a gift to to be able to click and listen on a shitty commute home when i see the twitter post about a new episode. much better than waiting, going to the site, dl'ing a zip file, transferring it to my device.

we love the show, so of course we will do it, but, i'm just sayin'.

this!
DJNewStyle

Postby BestInShowChris » February 10th, 2011, 10:38 am

dan wrote:what is the issue with posting the show to itunes or to the podcast feed the same time it's posted on the site?

It's 100% my fault.
I've been TAH's "podcast administrator" since the beginning. It's always been on me. I never get it up as quick as vealchop does on the website because I'm a dick. I'll have this episode done in the next few minutes.
BestInShowChris

Postby vealchop » February 10th, 2011, 2:16 pm

we need to fix the fuckin main website as well. it a shitty site i made in flash in 1 hour 2 years ago. i need to just comp something up and make it all html text and easy to update with new shows and a way to get it to update the itunes feed at the same time. i dunno any of that backend stuff tho, to me code might as well be the matrix screen translated into fucking Mandarin.
vealchop

Postby DJNewStyle » February 10th, 2011, 2:37 pm

vealchop wrote:we need to fix the fuckin main website as well. it a shitty site i made in flash in 1 hour 2 years ago. i need to just comp something up and make it all html text and easy to update with new shows and a way to get it to update the itunes feed at the same time. i dunno any of that backend stuff tho, to me code might as well be the matrix screen translated into fucking Mandarin.

If you want some help learning HTML, I'm here if you have questions or you want to meet up and go over some basic shit. In the meantime you can forward the domain to http://hearustalk.com/recommended/theawfulhour which does nothing more than read the RSS feed. Update the RSS feed and that site is updated automatically.
DJNewStyle

Postby WalterSobchak » February 11th, 2011, 9:58 am

Great episode. The three of you really have a great sound together. Looking forward to more episodes in the future.

Talking to the bizarre people are the best part of life. Most of us... including myself are boring. These people add a spice that is needed. So what if they don't mingle well with others. A guy walking down 8th Ave cursing at the top of his lungs and stopping at each intersection might be annoying to you or you don't take notice. I on the other hand find him/them fascinating. We have crazy people here, but the fact that he mingles in with traffic and no one seems to notice is amazing. I think Chris is willing to take a breath, look at his surroundings, and see/interact with the glorious spectacle that is life.

Keep up the good work
You call that a Grilled Cheese............

AND THROWING ROCKS AT DIRTY FUCKING SEAGULLS......
WalterSobchak

Postby Manayz » February 20th, 2011, 8:59 pm

moar plz
Manayz

Postby Manayz » April 11th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Manayz

PreviousNext

Return to The Awful Hour