It is currently January 15th, 2021, 11:35 pm Advanced search

Tales from the help desk...

Discuss everything that isn't related to HearUsTalk here.

Re: Tales from the help desk...

Postby Keith_Fu » January 13th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.
Keith_Fu

Postby Keith_Fu » March 2nd, 2011, 11:59 am

Owner of company rushed over and asked me how to get "the internet" from the conference room computer, because it kept going to [company's website].

...This is because I set the company's website as the home page for Firefox and IE.

I calmly followed him back to the conference room (which is in the middle of a client meeting), type in "Google.com" into the address bar, hit enter and leave.
Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.
Keith_Fu

Postby Keith_Fu » March 3rd, 2011, 12:36 pm

this is of interest only to hardcore computer nerds but I found it interesting enough to watch through. also, made me remember way back to computers of my youth...

Keith_Fu

Postby BestInShowChris » March 4th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Who's mature?

The guy sitting at his desk laughing right now because of the username "twatface".
BestInShowChris

Postby Keith_Fu » June 17th, 2011, 11:47 am

???

Manayz wrote:Thanks for the info, guys. I will check out those resources.

I'm planning on taking the exams for my A+ cert soon, I know some people don't consider that a serious cert but others believe it can help get your foot into the door, so I might as well get it. I plan on following up with my Network+ cert afterwards, hopefully those certs will help my resume be taken more seriously. I hope...

Thanks again, I'll ask if I have any other questions.

for some reason I thought I saw a post by Manayz after this one. I wanted to think about it before I replied, but it seems to be gone now... sorry I didn't reply sooner

in any event, A+ is just the tip of the iceberg, and entry level IT stuff is a bitch to break into without the experience.

I also seem to remember you wanted to get into more software dev; I can't really speak about that at all, but Newstyle's advice is really solid.

but in short, don't get discouraged because of one bad interview, because you are going to have a lot of misses before you get the one you want. it happens to everyone. If you want to talk more, PM me and I may have some other resources for you.

cheers
Keith_Fu

Postby Manayz » June 17th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Thanks man.

I had deleted my post because after reading it a day or two later after cooling off, I felt like I overreacted a little bit.

I'll try to avoid getting discouraged. It sucks when you're anxious to make decent money in a field you're interested in and feel as though you've messed up your opportunity. But I do have some other job offers coming in since getting my A+, so that's good.

Anyway, I plan on studying for some more certifications, I have Network+ in mind unless you have any others to recommend.

Also, any study tips would be helpful. As of right now, all I can think of to do is lock myself in the library and memorize my materials word for word so that I won't draw a blank on any question during an interview.

I'll PM any further questions from now, don't wanna keep bumping this thread with off-topic posts.
Manayz

Postby Keith_Fu » September 23rd, 2011, 5:25 am

somewhat relevant

Keith_Fu

Postby BestInShowChris » September 24th, 2011, 5:54 am

Did she successfully change it!
BestInShowChris

Postby Goatweed » October 17th, 2011, 2:24 pm

that looks like a fantastic show.
Goatweed

Postby Keith_Fu » November 10th, 2011, 11:41 am

play on, computer man, play on.
Keith_Fu

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else