It is currently March 1st, 2021, 9:02 pm Advanced search

Advertising to come to your ZUNE

Discuss everything that isn't related to HearUsTalk here.

Advertising to come to your ZUNE

Postby Pickle » June 2nd, 2008, 4:39 pm

Like the whole "Copyright Cop" program isn't enough to to destroy what little market share the zune has. i think this will finish the job.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a ... rvice.html

Chris, you got to dump that zero and get with a hero!

Pickle

Re: Advertising to come to your ZUNE

Postby DJNewStyle » June 3rd, 2008, 9:52 am

I'd try a zune, but ads would kill it for me. I've had an iPod and I'm happy with it, but I hate all the hoops you have to jump through, as far as file formats and DRM, because of Apple's decision to become a music store.
DJNewStyle

Postby Pickle » June 3rd, 2008, 10:58 am

I'd try a zune, but ads would kill it for me. I've had an iPod and I'm happy with it, but I hate all the hoops you have to jump through, as far as file formats and DRM, because of Apple's decision to become a music store.

I guess you have not read about the Copyright Cop code that will be on all zune. its going to prevent you from playing music you may have downloaded from Bit torrent or limewire type programs and in some cases you will not be able to play music ripped from cds you bought!!! the DRM from itunes store is a piece of cake to crack. the only file format Ipods can't play is WMA/WMV and real player files, but those file formats are so behind the times why would anybody want to use them. a high res MP4 beats a high res WMV in video/sound quality every time. plus a MP4 will be smaller in file size.
Pickle

Postby BestInShowChris » June 3rd, 2008, 3:12 pm

Pickle wrote:the only file format Ipods can't play is WMA/WMV and real player files

And wavs - which makes life less convenient for a dude that does a radio show, and does all his audio editing in wav format.

Pickle wrote:I guess you have not read about the Copyright Cop code that will be on all zune. its going to prevent you from playing music you may have downloaded from Bit torrent or limewire type programs and in some cases you will not be able to play music ripped from cds you bought

I guess that means I won't be upgrading my firmware on my Zune anymore.
BestInShowChris

Postby Pickle » June 3rd, 2008, 3:23 pm

I can play .wav files on my ipod just fine. you may be talking about older ipods. i have a 5G Ipod and the only thing it won't play is WMA or WMV
Pickle

Return to Everything Else